For many people, gardening is more than hobby. Many gardening quotes reflect deep affinity people have for this activity. Whether they are funny, beautiful, or inspirational, these quotes will definitely brighten your heart.
Funny Gardening Quotes
Have a big smile and laugh when tending your flowers or veggies with these funny quotes!
- “Tomatoes and squash never fail to reach maturity. You can spray them with acid, beat them with sticks and burn them; they love it.” (S. J. Perelman)
- “Our vegetable garden is coming along well, with radishes and beans up, and we are less worried about revolution that we used to be.” (E. B. White)
Vegetable Gardening Quotes
These quotes by famous people are definitely the best representations for your green fingers.
- “In the night the cabbages catch at the moon, the leaves drip silver, the rows of cabbages are a series of little silver waterfalls in the moon.” (Carl Sandburg)
- “The first gatherings of the garden in May of salads, radishes and herbs made me feel like a mother about her baby – how could anything so beautiful be mine. And this emotion of wonder filled me for each vegetable as it was gathered every year. There is nothing that is comparable to it, as satisfactory or as thrilling, as gathering the vegetables one has grown.” (Alice B. Toklas)
Fall Gardening Quotes
Fall is a gorgeous season to behold, and autumnal plants create amazing view alongside the yellow and red leaves. Here are some fitting quotes.
- “Autumn thanks the sun with an abundant harvest.” (Terri Guillemets)
- “Autumn is the mellower season, and what we lose in flowers we more than gain in fruits.” (Samuel Butler)
Happy Gardening Quotes
For many people, gardening is an activity that makes them truly happy. These quotes describe the feeling very well.
- “Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.” (Luther Burbank)
- “I know the pleasure of pulling up root vegetables. They are solvable mysteries.” (Novella Carpenter)
Gardening Hobby Quotes
If gardening is your ultimate hobby, just saying “I love gardening!” is not enough. Here are the fitting quotes to match your passion.
- “I’ve always felt that having a garden is like having a good and loyal friend.” (C. Z. Guest)
- “It was such a pleasure to sink one’s hands into the warm earth, to feel at one’s fingertips the possibilities of the new season.” (Kate Morton)
Gardening Inspirational Quotes
Do you believe gardening is an activity that brings greater good for humanity? These quotes will make you believe that yes, it is!
- “The greatest service which can be rendered any country is to add a useful plant to its culture.” (Thomas Jefferson)
- “Gardening simply does not allow one to be mentally old, because too many hopes and dreams are yet to be realized.” (Allan Armitage)
Gardening Quotes for Kids
Finally, here are fitting quotes for those who are trying to teach gardening to younger generations.
- “Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.” (Frank Lloyd Wright)
- “Let nature be in your yard.” (Michael P. Garofalo)
If you agree with most of these gardening quotes, you are definitely a true gardener!